We recently reviewed a gorgeous new documentary called ‘Islamic Art: Mirror of the Invisible World‘ and we are SO excited to announce our giveaway of FOUR copies of the DVD!
‘Islamic Art: Mirror of the Invisible World’ was broadcast nationally on PBS July 6th at 9:00 p.m. EST as part of the new PBS Arts Summer Festival, a multi-part weekly series that will take viewers across the country and around the world. Join @islamicartfilm on Twitter the evening of the premiere, July 6th, for a tweet chat using the hashtag #IslamicArt.
- This giveaway is open to US residents only.
- Giveaway closed July 6th.
- 4 different winners were drawn July 7th.
- Winners were announced on Facebook and Twitter and have 48hrs to respond before another winner is drawn in their place. Make sure you either Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter and check the page to find out.
- DVD’s will be sent to the winners by Unity Productions Foundation not by Muslimas Oasis.
Below are 2 images (click to see in more detail) and some facts about Alhambra Palace and Fortress in Granada, Spain. For your required entry, I wanted you to look at the use of Islamic Architectural and Textual art decorating the inside of the palace and write a short caption or a few words about it. No need to be poetic or funny or philosophical if you don’t want to be, just your thoughts, whatever they are, on the artwork that is Alhambra.
Facts about AlHambra:
- The complete name of Alhambra is “Qal’at al-Hambra”, which means “The Red Fortress”. Though the buildings of Alhambra were initially whitewashed, they are now seen as reddish today
- The Roman Emperor Charles V, erected a palace within Alhambra in 1527
- Constructed by the Nasrid rulers of Granada, Alhambra was initially intended to serve as a military fortress.
Winners below. Please message us on the Muslimas’ Oasis facebook page, or get in touch through the contact page here and we’ll send you further instructions.